How can Acupuncture help you stay healthy, well and happy?
Acupuncture is part of Chinese Medicine which is an ancient system of health promotion, health maintenance and disease prevention. Acupuncture, along with Chinese herbal medicine, dietary management and exercise such as Tai Chi and Chi Gong are all parts of a whole. Historically in China, acupuncture was used by Doctors to keep the household healthy; if anyone in the household became ill, it was seen that the doctor wasn’t doing his job properly and he did not get paid. He would be paid again when the person regained their health.
Things are very different in the west, where people only seek treatment when they become ill or cannot manage to soldier on any longer. Many people are not well, they may not have been diagnosed with a disease but they are not in full, good health. How many times have you talked to a friend or colleague and they have complained of being stressed, tired or in pain? Good health is not just the absence of disease but a feeling of energy and vitality, all systems functioning optimally and in balance.
How well are you?
Try answering these questions:
- Do you sleep soundly at night? You go to sleep straight away, stay asleep through the night and wake refreshed in the morning.
- Do you have energy through the day? You start the day with as much energy as you finish it with and do not collapse at the end of the day.
- Does your digestive system function well? No bloating or heartburn; no tiredness after eating; no cramping.
- Do you have ‘normal’ bowel movements? Neither loose nor hard; no pain or discomfort when passing; You open your bowels once or more a day.
- Do you feel supple and strong? No aches or pains in your body; no weak muscles; good energy levels.
- Do you feel calm, in control and ready to take on what life throws at you? Not stressed, anxious or depressed.
If you answer ‘no’ to any of these questions it is an indication that you are not functioning as well as you might do – you could feel better! Acupuncture therapy sessions can help you to achieve better health,wellness and well-being by regulating your body’s energies to create balance and harmony within your system.
To discuss how acupuncture can benefit your health and wellbeing, get in touch with Stockton Heath Acupuncture